English will be the official language of the Meeting. There will be no simultaneous translation.
CALL FOR ABSTRACT
The Scientific Committee invites authors to submit their abstracts for consideration and inclusion in the program as oral presentation or poster.
Please note that only ELECTRONIC submission will be accepted. Faxed or emailed abstracts will not be reviewed.
PREPARATION OF YOUR ABSTRACT
- Abstract must be submitted in English.
- The material in the abstract must be original and not previously published.
- The use of commercial drug names, brands and registered trademarks is strictly prohibited. Drugs should be referred to by the active substance or pharmacological designation, we kindly recommend to use generic names. No mention of pharmaceutical company names should be included in the abstract either.
- The size of the abstract is limited to 3.000 characters (title, body of abstract, spaces, tables and graphics included). The submission program will automatically calculate the size of your abstract and will not allow submissions that do not fit in the size requirements.
- Structure your abstract as following:
The title should be as brief as possible but long enough to clearly indicate the nature of the study. Abbreviations must not be used in the title.
It should be composed by:
- Introduction & Objectives: A sentence describing the purpose of the study
- Materials & Methods: Describe your selection of observations or experimental subjects
- Results: Describe your results in a logical sequence
- Conclusions: Emphasize new and important aspects of the study and conclusions that are drawn from them
The authors have to specify if they wish the submission to be presented as:
- Poster presentation only
- Oral presentation only
- Poster or oral presentation
Please note that the Scientific Committee reserves the right to make the final decision concerning the form of presentation.
Submission of an abstract implies that it has been approved by all listed authors and constitutes consensus to publication (e.g. Workshop website, programs, other promotional material, etc…).
FORM OF PRESENTATION
Abstracts selected for posters will be presented as posters during the Meeting and will be available for viewing in the poster area.
Abstracts selected for oral presentations will be presented during the Meeting.
Presenting authors will receive all technical information and instructions prior to the Meeting in order to ensure the smooth running of sessions.
Computer projection facilities (for PowerPoint presentations) will be available in the meeting rooms.
SELECTION OF ABSTRACTS AND NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE
The Scientific Committee reserves the right to make the final decision concerning the form of presentation.
Notification of acceptance will be sent to the submitting author by 13th April 2018.
Please note that only the submitting author will receive email concerning the abstract and is responsible for informing all co-authors of the status of the abstract.
Authors whose abstracts have been accepted will receive instructions for the presentation of their abstracts or for their posters realization.
Please note that at least one author of the abstract should be regularly registered.
CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE
Registered participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance in their Congress Kit.
EACCME EUROPEAN AND ITALIAN ECM ACCREDITATION
The Meeting will be accredited by the EACCME, European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education Institution of the UEMS for CME Credits, and by the Italian Ministry of Health for ECM Credits.
AUDIO VISUAL REQUIREMENTS
Presentation should be done in PowerPoint. Speakers should express any special needs in advance.
Access to the session rooms
Seating is regulated on a first-come, first-served basis. We recommend you to go to the session room well in advance of the session. Due to safety regulations, the organizers will close the access to the session if all seats are occupied. Delegates are not allowed to stand in the aisles of the session rooms.
IMPORTANT: Children under the age of 15 are not authorised inside the Congress centre (exhibition hall, sessions, etc.)